Position: Office Manager
Starting date: As soon as possible
What you’ll do
- Manage vendors and contractors: planning for, purchasing, and upkeep of workstations, furniture, and employee supplies
- Ensure an amazing office experience is had by all visitors to our spaces, including candidates and guests
- Act as primary liaison between the company and office building management (e.g. repairs, building code compliance, etc.)
- Implement office security
- Manage team meetings and conference room technology
- Support with calendaring, email, and travel arrangements
- Build up financial reporting
- Assist in a variety of HR needs, including benefits administration, immigration, and compliance for scne and portfolio companies
- Point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills, and errands
Marketing, PR & Events
- Building up our social media presence and potentially other marketing needs for scne and portfolio companies.
- Run our PR efforts in Germany
- Planning, marketing and executing various types of events, both our own and hosting other groups.
- Unlimited contract
- Customary remuneration
- Unlimited Chatterbug subscription for your language learning endeavors
- 26 days paid holiday
- Regular fun events, team dinners and an annual company offsite summit
- A lovely 500 square meter office in the heart of Berlin, Prenzlauer Berg
SCNE is an angel fund, backed by the entrepreneurs behind San Francisco based developer site GitHub and Berlin based language learning company Chatterbug. We help tech entrepreneurs from both Germany and around the world build and grow world class technology
companies in Berlin by providing funding, space, advice and other wraparound services for promising European based startups. Our portfolio is 20 companies deep and we have half of it at the office.
You’re a great fit if …
- You have a strong sense of ownership - the buck stops with you!
- You have 1-3 years of work experience in a professional setting
- You keep calm under pressure. When something doesn’t go as planned, you can keep your cool and find a solution
- You are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- You love startups and working alongside founders
- You know that with freedom comes responsibility
- You ideally speak German fluently